Stogie Guys Free Newsletter

Subscribe today for a chance to win great cigar prizes:

Presented by:

Quick Smoke: Oliva Atlantic Cigar 15th Aniversario Diadema

23 Dec 2012

Each Saturday and Sunday we’ll post a Quick Smoke: not quite a full review, just our brief verdict on a single cigar of “buy,” “hold,” or “sell.” This Quick Smoke is part of our “Win a Big Box of Cigar Swag” contest. Leave a comment and be subscribed to our free email newsletter to enter. Full details here.

Though you wouldn’t know it from the band, which doesn’t mention Oliva, this cigar is made for Atlantic Cigar Company in celebration of their 15th Anniversary by the Oliva Cigar Company. It’s the fourth and final release in a series of exclusive blends for Atlantic’s 15th year. The $8.50 cigar features an attractive Ecuadorian Habano wrapper around Nicaraguan binder and filler tobaccos, and it comes in a Diadema (6 .75 x 48) size that looks sleek and refined. I found cocoa, earth, and leather flavors, as well as a slightly damp flavor. Medium-full in flavor, the cigar struck me as just alright and hardly as good as either of the other Atlantic 15th Anniversary releases, or other cigars made by Oliva.

Verdict =Hold.

Patrick S

photo credit: Stogie Guys

Drew Estate

15 Responses to “Quick Smoke: Oliva Atlantic Cigar 15th Aniversario Diadema”

1. william Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 6:44 am #

Sounds like a one for yard work.

2. foozer69 Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 8:03 am #

that's sad, usually Oliva puts out a solid stogie ! but for 8.50 I will pass!!

3. Mike Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 11:52 am #

Too bad, usually Olivia is spot on. Oh well, can't nail it all the time!

4. ScottM Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 12:27 pm #

I've had some pretty good Oliva sticks – too bad this one looks so-so.

5. Swede214 Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 8:52 pm #

Well, they all can't be home Runs! All of the ones I have smoked were good.

6. Bradley Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 9:20 pm #

All of the Oliva cigars I have had have been good, but I guess they cant all be winners. I bet its still good for cutting the grass

7. Thorne Monday, December 24, 2012 at 10:04 am #

That is too bad, especially for a limited/special release. Maybe they will come around and balance out over the musty section with more age. It seems like many limited releases are having home run/foul ball results in an attempt to get the product on the shelves. Hopefully that hold eating will become more favorable in time. Thanks for the quick review.

8. BigPhil Monday, December 24, 2012 at 3:31 pm #

I've been wanting to try these. Sounds like I hold off for now.
    Thanks for the candid reviews!

9. David Monday, December 24, 2012 at 3:33 pm #

Might have to throw a couple in the humi and see how they are later…

10. Fuzzy Tuesday, December 25, 2012 at 4:28 pm #

I love Diadema shape cigars and would like to try this one!

11. Janne Tuesday, December 25, 2012 at 6:45 pm #

Oliva + Diadema sounds like a nice combination, but probably pretty hard to get in Europe..

12. Pipe Tobacco_Oliva Tuesday, December 25, 2012 at 10:13 pm #

It seems like a nice cigar for me. I really like cocoa in my smoke. Must try this soon.

13. jshriver2012 Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 6:15 pm #

I was surprised to hear such mixed reviews on this smoke. I bet a couple months of age might do this stick well.

14. SmokesandSteel.com Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 11:52 pm #

Damp is never a flavor profile that I look upon favorably. Will pass on this one.

Trackbacks and Pingbacks

1. Quick Smoke: E.P. Carrillo Atlantic 15th Anniversary Toro | The Stogie Guys - Friday, December 28, 2012

[…] (along with the Oliva I recently tried) by Ernesto Perez-Carrillo, this Toro is part of a series of cigars celebrating […]