5 Aug 2013
Here are ten things I took away from this year’s International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers Association (IPCPR) Trade Show in Las Vegas:
1. There seems to be no limit to how large a cigar ring gauge can be.
2. Altadis and General are committed to maintaining their positions as industry giants.
3. Selling cigars is hard work.
4. Sam Leccia is still a rock star in the industry.
5. Retailers want to meet with manufacturers to talk about cigars, not just prices.
6. I’ll never understand why humidor makers continue to use analog hygrometers.
7. Lots of folks want to be in the cigar business.
8. Print isn’t dead in the tobacco industry. More than a half-dozen magazines had booths.
9. The brands assembled in the House of Emilio make up quite an impressive collection.
10. Class and company size are sometimes related, sometimes not.
photo credit: Stogie Guys