29 Oct 2013
Like it or not, Halloween is just two days away. Looking to pull together a last-minute costume? Want to smoke a cigar while you hand out candy to trick-or-treaters? (This is acceptable if you offer their dad a cigar.) We’re here to help. In an effort to make trick-or-treating a lot more tolerable, we’ve updated a list we first put out in 2007 of costume ideas, each that will let you smoke a cigar as part of the costume:
1. Winston Churchill. One time when informed by his host, the King of Saudi Arabia, that drinks would not be offered because of his religion, Churchill responded: “My religion prescribed as an absolute sacred ritual smoking cigars and drinking alcohol before, after, and, if need be, during all meals and the intervals between them.” Plus he beat the Nazis in World War II.
2. Arnold Schwarzenegger. He’s no longer The Governator, but his movie characters always made better costumes anyway, and many of his famous characters smoked cigars. (Major Alan “Dutch” Schaefer of Predator is highly recommended if you have the guns to pull it off.)
3. Groucho Marx. Sure, it’s a little dated, but this American comedy icon loved his stogies.
4. Mark Twain. America’s cigar-smoking author.
5. Scarface. Say hello to my little friend.
6. Bill Clinton. The president who got into trouble with cigars.
7. Mike Ditka. Da Coach. See photo of Patrick A from a few years ago. (Also, Grill Class doesn’t exist on any airline yet… Why?)
9. A cigar-chomping communist Cuban. Fidel Castro or his murderous sidekick Che Guevara will do.
12. Al Capone. Capone was known for his enjoyment of cigars, booze, and women. Just don’t get syphilis.
Got a costume idea that we missed? Let us know in the comments.
photo credit: Stogie Guys