31 May 2013
As we have since July 2006, each Friday we’ll post a mixed bag of quick cigar news and other items of interest. Below is our latest Friday Sampler.
1) It’s the last day of May, and that means we’re set to reveal the the winners of the seven fantastic prizes we’re giving away to celebrate the seventh anniversary of StogieGuys.com. In case you missed the announcements, the prizes are epic, and they come courtesy of some of our favorite cigar makers, including CAO, Dante, Drew Estate, La Palina, Paul Garmirian, Prometheus, and Tesa. If you’re one of the 2,400+ who registered for this contest, keep an eye on your email in the coming days. We’ll be using our free email newsletter to announce the seven randomly chosen winners in short order. Best of luck to you all.
2) In our most recent sidebar survey, we found 42% of StogieGuys.com readers resolved to try more new cigars, 26% resolved to smoke better cigars, 26% resolved to smoke more cigars, and 6% resolved to smoke fewer cigars. To participate in our current survey, please do so in the sidebar to the right. And if you have an idea for a future survey, please contact us.
3) In honor of Memorial Day, Fox News ran a story about the oldest living U.S. veteran: Richard Arvine Overton, a Texan who served in World War II and is 107 years young. His secret to longevity? Up to 12 cigars per day and whiskey in his morning coffee.
4) Inside the Industry: Gurkha Cigars announced the release of The Rogue, the third release in its East India Trading Company line, made with an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper, Ecuadorian binder, and filler from Nicaragua, Honduras, and the Dominican. Davidoff is releasing the new golf-inspired Davidoff Masters Edition Club House Toro, a limited release of just 7,000 boxes of 10 with individual cigars selling for $22 each.
5) Around the Blogs: Stogie Review reviews the Tatuaje TAA 2012. Robby Ras reviews the CyB Lancero. Stogie Fresh rates La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet Chisel. Cigar Inspector inspects a Davidoff Puro d’Oro.
6) Deal of the Week: This “Around the World Sampler” features five cigars for $5 a stick. It includes such popular cigars as the Oliva Master Blend 3, Four Kicks, Alec Bradley Family Blend, and CAO Brazilia Lambada.
photo credit: Stogie Guys