15 Nov 2013
As we have since July 2006, each Friday we’ll post a mixed bag of quick cigar news and other items of interest. Below is our latest Friday Sampler.
1) Our friends at Cigar Rights of America—the national advocacy organization dedicated to protecting the rights of the consumer, retail tobacconist, and manufacturers of premium cigars—are hitting the road with four upcoming events. These events are a great opportunity to join CRA, renew your membership, become more involved, or just share a smoke with like-minded cigar enthusiasts. On November 23, CRA will be at the Tampa Cigar Festival. On December 5, the organization will be at Cigar Aficionado’s Big Smoke in New York City. And on December 7 and 14, CRA will be in Miami at Smoke This! and Cigar Extravaganza, respectively. StogieGuys.com encourages all cigar smokers to join CRA and take a stand against tobacco taxes, smoking bans, and harmful regulations.
2) It may soon be illegal to smoke cigars on outdoor bar and restaurant patios in Toronto. That’s because officials in Ontario are considering a proposal that would criminalize those activities, and also ban smoking on playgrounds and sports fields. The Health Minister also “announced a ban on sales of tobacco on college and university campuses and the doubling of fines for stores that sell cigarettes to minors,” according to CTV News.
3) Site News: Regular visitors may have noticed that the site has been a little sluggish over the past few weeks, especially during peak hours. To fix the problem, we’ve upgraded servers once again and you should now be able to access all the great StogieGuys.com content quicker than ever.
4) Inside the Industry: Toraño has started shipping its new Vault D-042. “Vault Red,” as Toraño has nicknamed it, features an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper, Nicaraguan filler, along with a Pennsylvania filler leaf. The cigar comes in four sizes: Robusto (5 x 52), Toro (6 x 50), Torpedo (6.1 x 52), and BFC (6 x 60).
5) Deal of the Week: This “Black and White” sampler features 10 cigars for just $30. You get five Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ Natural Robustos
and five CAO MX2 Robustos.
photo credit: CRA